Here are some tips to prepare your manufactured home for sale.
- Is it cluttered?
- Remove photographs and small items from tabletops; put away kitchen appliances and other items on countertops and tables; organize closets and cabinets; and remove furniture so rooms look bigger.
- Does your yard look messy?
- Neaten up the lawn and porch.
- Is your home welcoming?
- Make your front entry attractive by painting the door; hanging a wreath; installing outdoor lighting to make your home attractive in the evening, and sweeping the entrance.
- Does your home smell good?
- When prospective buyers come to call, bake bread or simmer some vanilla or cinnamon-scented water on the stove.
- Does your home look dark?
- Take down heavy drapes and let the sunshine in.
- Does your home look appealing?
- Buy some live plants and paint dingy walls. Preparing your home for viewing may result in a better price and faster turnover.
Most importantly, homeowners should clean everything from their ovens to their window dressings. A good multipurpose cleaner can be used to clean siding, gutters, unfinished decks, Venetian blinds, garbage disposals, and stained countertops. Make sure your home is spotless for prospective buyers.
A few small changes can make a big difference and speed up the process of getting your home sold.