How would a prospective buyer view your manufactured home? That’s the first thing you should ask yourself before putting your home on the market.
Here are some tips to prepare your manufactured home for sale.
- Is it cluttered?
- Remove photographs and small items from tabletops; put away kitchen appliances and other items on countertops and tables; organize closets and cabinets; and remove furniture so rooms look bigger.
- Does your yard look messy?
- Neaten up the lawn and porch.
- Is your home welcoming?
- Make your front entry attractive by painting the door; hanging a wreath; installing outdoor lighting to make your home attractive in the evening, and sweeping the entrance.
- Does your home smell good?
- When prospective buyers come to call, bake bread or simmer some vanilla or cinnamon-scented water on the stove.
- Does your home look dark?
- Take down heavy drapes and let the sunshine in.
- Does your home look appealing?
- Buy some live plants and paint dingy walls. Preparing your home for viewing may result in a better price and faster turnover.
Most importantly, homeowners should clean everything from their ovens to their window dressings. A good multipurpose cleaner can be used to clean siding, gutters, unfinished decks, Venetian blinds, garbage disposals, and stained countertops. Make sure your home is spotless for prospective buyers.
A few small changes can make a big difference and speed up the process of getting your home sold.